IT-CAT-ESP
IT Lo stemma di Barcellona ha una corona e un pipistrello. Di solito viene ridotto al corpo centrale: quattro quartiere con due che hanno quattro pali e due con due croci di San Giorgio. Anche ci sono la corona (dei re dell'Aragona) e il pipistrello, su cui la leggenda dice che era presente quando il re Giacomo I di Aragona stava per prendere Valencia. Mentre dormiva, un attacco musulmano stava per scattarsi durante la mattina; il volo di un pipistrello svegliò il re e, quindi, l'attacco non fu più una sorpresa...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAT Està molt bé que en diferents representacions de l'escut de Barcelona s'inclogui el rat penat, ja que habitualment se'n prescindeix.
Una de les portes del Mercat de la Concepció de Barcelona.
ESP El murciélago, posado sobre la tienda del Rey Jaime I en el intento de reconquistar Valencia a los musulmanes, se percató de un inminente ataque por parte de éstos últimos cosa que hizo que emprendiera el vuelo. El aleteo despertó al Rey y éste, en alerta, pudo hacer frente al ataque,... dice la leyenda.
PODI-.


I think it is fascinating how legends become woven into the identity of a city and how even a small creature like a bat can become a symbol connected to courage and protection. Whether the story is taken as a historical fact or a local tradition, it adds another layer of meaning to the places we visit. I also liked that you pointed out how the bat is often left out of modern representations because those small details are sometimes what make historical symbols more interesting. It makes me want to look more closely at the hidden stories behind city emblems when traveling. I have a new post on my blog as well, and if you get a chance to visit, I’d really enjoy hearing your thoughts on it.
RispondiElimina